No need to mince words: Dating SUCKS sometimes. And dating during quarantine feels like yet another hurdle because it magnifies all the pre-Covid dating drama even more. Some men are using the pandemic as an excuse to move quickly…into bed. Some women are still entertaining situations they should not be in because “who wants to be alone during this time?” We can’t even leave the house but everyone is still managing to be all over the place emotionally. *face palm*
If you are looking for a connection, wanting to date actively, and/or ready to meet the one: you should not be using the pandemic as an excuse to give up on dating. It’s not harder per se. It just requires a little more thought, a positive attitude, and some creativity, a pivot if you will. Think about it this way: there are men out there who were looking for connections, partnerships, etc prior to the pandemic. Just like you, they still want to date and the pandemic has not changed that. Your mindset hasn’t shifted and there are men out there just as frustrated and just as hopeful that they can still find magic during this time. All is not lost!
With that in mind – I present this series on how you can keep your dating life moving along while navigating a global pandemic.
Part 1 – Meeting Guys:
It was already hard enough meeting quality men to date when we were bar hopping, brunching, and turning up. Now you can barely leave the house and if you do, faces are covered by a mask! “How am I supposed to meet a man when he cant even see my whole face?!” Here are some tidbits.
- Dating Apps! The obvious way to make connections right now. Even people who would never use a dating app are finding themselves swiping. There are PLENTY of serious, engaged, and married couples that met on the apps, yes even Tinder. Don’t knock it until you try it. It is a low risk form of dating that can yield some great results.
- Reconnecting with old flames out of boredom or sexual frustration is a bad idea. This is self-explanatory! But read it again just in case.
- Keep your boundaries. Just because our schedules are less full, doesn’t mean you have to talk to guys all hours of the day and night. Your time is valuable, and this new normal is going on much longer than we expected. But you have no more obligation than you did before to respond to messages/calls instantaneously. That comes with time.
- Use this as an opportunity to brush up on your skills. Stellar conversation and flirting skills do not come natural to every person, they are an art form. Even those who are good at these things can use some practice. And do not be afraid to reach out first and START the conversation.
- Informal methods are a game changer too. Contrary to popular belief, dating apps are NOT the only form of online dating! Facebook, Instagram, Twitter…all online apps! A guy tagged in another friends group photo could be someone great to follow and possibly get to know. Plus formal dating apps are extremely superficial. Using regular social media to connect with guys actually gives you more access and equips you with more information about them. Sliding in DMs is not that scary either, do not over think it. Cheat code: Respond to his stories on IG.
Hope you enjoyed these tips and tricks to dating during the pandemic. Stay safe and have fun!
This post is part of a 4-part series! Make sure to subscribe to our blog.
- Part 1: Meeting Guys
- Part 2: Planning Dates
- Part 3: Active Dating
- Part 4: Dating Yourself
- Bonus Blog: A Quarantine Connection
For daily content and fun: Listen To Your Single Friend. <3
– Your Single Friend